Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Particularly Perplexing Physics of the Boyfriend's Shower

It is impossible to make the water in the boyfriend's shower a tolerable temperature. I've tried for seven days now, and for seven days it's bested me. It simply defies all common sense, reason, and natural law.

For instance, when you first turn on the shower, one's first instinct would be to turn on roughly equal strengths of hot and cold water. But that yields this result:








(btw that is in fact a window in the shower, placed in the second-most-awkward possible position for an average sized female)

So you think to yourself, no problem, simple fix. More cold water. I got this.







Done and done. But what's this now?






Ok. Fine. That was just a little too much cold water. I'll just add a little bit of heat.







Surely that worked.






Nope.

However, by this time, your allotted five minutes' worth of hot water has been exhausted so the temperature begins to drop rapidly. And since you've spent all of your time trying to get the temperature right you haven't gotten anything productive done during your shower and you haven't even shaved your legs yet. So you decide to just throw caution to the wind, go balls to the wall, and hope for the best.






Aaaaaaaand...






The end result of all your endeavors?




2 comments:

  1. So I have this problem frequently with my shower at home. The best explanation I have come up with is this (albeit, even a solid explanation does not the problem solve, but at least I feel like I know what I'm up against...)
    - This time of year, the "cold" water is not in fact actually cold, but whatever temperature the surface of the earth is (so, like, 98?), so
    - You don't add as much hot as usual to the mix cuz it's starting off a little hotter, but then
    - The hot water heater thinks you're not using enough hot water to merit it being turned on, so after a few minutes it shuts off and
    - All you get is cold. Usually at this point I turn everything off and start over again.

    Rachel Rowe

    p.s. I find this blog hilarious. Way to go, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    If life were a kickball game and I were a team captain, I would not pick shower water for my team. That is how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete